Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default The 20th Annual Schaller Ribbon Report

On 2014-08-27 00:38:38 +0000, Ross@home said:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:28:47 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>> It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Wait, that was
>> LAST year!!
>>
>> THIS was a good year! I am happy.
>> (snip)
>> Life has been hard on me the last year -- sibling deaths, good friend
>> death, declining health of my brother, etc. But, hey, I Am Woman!
>> Hear me roar! ;-)
>>
>> --

> Rather late congratulations, Barb but, way to go, again!
> Here it is, evening of Aug. 26/14 and I'm just getting around to
> reading your report posted Aug. 21/14.
> The last year had been a bit tough for me as well. Somewhat like
> yours, a couple of good friends passed on but, the hardest was cancer
> taking my baby brother. He was only 74 and in just a few more weeks
> I'll be 80 so it really should have been me.
> Not doing much preserving this year so far, terrible weather has made
> the garden bounty rather sparse.
> Gerry and I did manage to build a nice 10'x10' garden shed and did the
> whole thing ourselves except for shingling the roof, one of the kids
> did that.
> Hottest day so far this year was today, 88ºF with humidity making it
> feel like 106ºF. Predictions are for tomorrow to be about 70ºF.
> Anyway, it's good to see your name on some posts again.
> Keep on jammin'.
>
> Ross.
> Southern Ontario, Canada

Thanks, Ross. No worries about late congratulations; I'm happy to hear
from you. I did three canning talks at the state fair today€”the first
was taped for a documentary that our local PBS station is making about
the Great Minnesota Get-Together. Lots of fun, interested audiences,
and I rocked them all. I'm not much of a gardener on a good day and my
few plans sucked rope this year. Feh! I'm still waiting to buy
reasonably priced tomatoes for juice, sauce, and stewed-type. And I'm
looking at a case of Colorado peaches that are about ready to work with
and IBePooped!! It was a long day!

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013