Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default The 20th Annual Schaller Ribbon Report

On 2014-08-22 01:58:20 +0000, Ed Pawlowski said:

> On 8/21/2014 8:28 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Wait, that was
>> LAST year!!
>>
>> THIS was a good year! I am happy.
>>
>> Of 19 entries at the Great Minnesota Get-Together, our state fair,
>> opening today and continuing until Labor Day, I have 7 blue ribbons, two
>> second place, and three thirds. I will not receive the plaque for being
>> better at it than anyone else (there's a relative newcomer in town who
>> kicked a** with 11 first place ribbons) and I'm really happy with 7
>> blues! W00t!

> We'll get Tanya Harding to fix that situation for you next year.
> Meantime, congrats on a great showing.

I knew I could count on you, Ed! Thanks.

>> Life has been hard on me the last year -- sibling deaths, good friend
>> death, declining health of my brother, etc. But, hey, I Am Woman! Hear
>> me roar! ;-)
>>

> Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better soon.

There's the rub. Re the brother I monitor, he's on a one-way path
(psp.org, read it and weep. AFA my siblings dying, that's only going
to increase. Because we aren't a close-knit family and because most
are considerably older than I, and I've always expected to bury all 12
of them, I didn't think it would be as hard emotionally as it is
proving to be. It's a damn good thing I don't believe in divine
retribution otherwise I'd be totally screwed.

--
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013