Old 22-08-2014, 02:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default The 20th Annual Schaller Ribbon Report

On 8/21/2014 8:28 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Wait, that was
LAST year!!

THIS was a good year! I am happy.

Of 19 entries at the Great Minnesota Get-Together, our state fair,
opening today and continuing until Labor Day, I have 7 blue ribbons, two
second place, and three thirds. I will not receive the plaque for being
better at it than anyone else (there's a relative newcomer in town who
kicked a** with 11 first place ribbons) and I'm really happy with 7
blues! W00t!

We'll get Tanya Harding to fix that situation for you next year.
Meantime, congrats on a great showing.

Life has been hard on me the last year -- sibling deaths, good friend
death, declining health of my brother, etc. But, hey, I Am Woman! Hear
me roar! ;-)

Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better soon.