Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_15_] dsi1[_15_] is offline

Default OT Hello, Susan?

On 8/21/2014 2:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Oh yes! We tried to refinance our house three years ago. Since my
> husband was in another state, we had to do every piece of paperwork
> separately. The woman at the bank kept telling me to fax things to
> him. Although the printer I had at the time could be used as a fax
> machine, it wasn't hooked up to do so. So I had to keep driving to Pony
> Express and paying a pretty penny each time. Once, he managed to loose
> some 20 or so pages and I had to do it all over again. It was very time
> consuming and frustrating. And then we couldn't refinance because the
> VA hadn't sent my husband some paperwork that he needed.
>
> So imagine my surprise when the following year, a guy from the bank told
> me that all I had to do was scan things! Part of the problem with the
> old printer was that it stopped doing PDF files. It had been doing them
> fine ever since I got it until the day that it wouldn't work. I was
> trying to print off our insurance cards. I can't remember what the
> problem was now but some sort of known problem and I had to download a
> patch. Then all of a sudden instead of doing PDF files, it had to
> convert them to JPEGs. That was my 2nd or perhaps 3rd Lexmark printer.
> An emergency purchase. My old one broke and I had to get a new one
> right away but didn't have much money. Mistake!
>
> My current one is HP and it is wireless. I did research for months
> before I got it. No problems. I also like that I can scan checks to
> make deposits at my bank.

I hated my fax machine. Mostly I got junk faxes and the printing was
just awful. My friend gave me the machine and you could see the previous
faxes on the carbon film roll. These were legal documents too. Some
pretty juicy stuff on it. Luckily, I'm not interested in the lives of
others.

Anyway, those days are gone - thank you Jesus!