pilgrim13

Default cleaning grill - before or after cooking?

"Paul" > wrote in message >...
> Kevin,
>
> Good question. I just got a Weber Summit Silver and bought the Home Depot
> enamel coated cast iron grates for my grill. I called Weber customer
> service on an unrelated issue and cleaning the enamel coated cast iron
> grates came up. I was told to use a brass bristle brush to clean the grates
> when cold, NOT hot, as the enamel could get damaged. If I were you, I'd
> call Weber yourself and ask, as sometimes two different customer service
> reps will tell you two different answers to the same question.
>
> I'll keep you posted as I learn more.
>
> Paul

I bought a Weber Gold C for Father's Day. A few days ago, bought the
enamel coated cast iron grates as an upgrade. Just got off the phone
with Weber, I was told that they recommend doing the burn off when
your finished grilling and to go ahead and clean the grates after the
burn off, while still hot/warm. They stipulated that this would be
okay and would not harm the enamel providing you only use the soft
brass bristle brush and not the steel one.
Additionally, lightly oil the grates prior to use. So now we have 2
different suggestions from Weber.

I'm really looking forward to the benefits I've read about using the
PCCI grates. Breaking it in this weekend.

Cheers
Stan (Who's SS grates will go into storage...Just in case).