Melba's Jammin'

Default Got my new pressure cooker. Now I have a new question.

In article >,
(Anne Duhon) wrote:

> New question: Is there a way to eliminate the smell of spices in those
> empty plastic McCormick jars. I would like to share some of my new
> spices that I buy and use very seldom with neighbors who live on fixed
> incomes. Anne

Can you afford about a buck per jar for a spice jar/bottle? That's
about what they cost. Or else give the spice in a baggie and let the
recipient figure out how to store it. Have you tried hot soap and
water on the Mccormick containers? If they're glass, that's about all
it should take. If they're plastic, try a weak chlorine bleach solution
and then let them air dry in the sunshine.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.