Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_7_] Nancy Young[_7_] is offline

Default one tomato plant not producing

On 8/3/2014 6:42 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-08-03 6:34 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>>

>> I'm following this with interest because I have the same
>> problem. My largest, most lush tomato plant had plenty of
>> flowers but no tomatoes. I've seen a couple tiny ones but
>> that's where it stands.
>>
>> Finally the cherry tomatoes are coming in and the other
>> Mortgage Lifter has plenty of still green tomatoes, but the
>> other Mortgage Lifter is a bust.
>>

> Are they different varieties of tomatoes? I usually get one or two
> plants of each of several varieties because they bear fruit at different
> times. You end up with a longer tomato season and are not inundated with
> the crop all ripening at the same time.

I only grew two types, the Mortgage Lifters and the cherry tomatoes.
Maybe next year I will grow three varieties.

I put the cherry and one mortgage lifter in one box garden,
and another mortgage lifter as the only tomato plant in the
other box. Maybe I should have keep like types together.
Also I crowded the cherry and mortgage lifter, don't know what I
was thinking. Still, I did get flowers.

nancy