Posted to rec.food.cooking
MaryL[_2_] MaryL[_2_] is offline

Default one tomato plant not producing

"Gus" wrote in message ...

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 8/2/2014 10:01 PM, Gus wrote:
>> I have 8 plants and 7 all have had a decent number of tomatoes, but one
>> plant has not had any. It is the plant that has grown the best and
>> biggest and looks the healthiest. It's actually huge-- over 6 feet
>> tall, and filled out well. Has had lots of flowers, but not one tomato.
>> It's in the same spot as I had one last year that produced many
>> tomatoes. I'm confused why this one plant is not growing any tomatoes,
>> and it is the biggest and healthiest of the lot.

> It is biggest and healthiest because all of its enerfy is making leaves,
> not fruit.

What do you suggest? What Mary said? Cutting back some of it? It has
plenty of flowers and has for last couple months.

~~~~~~
My first thought was actually what Ed suggested, but I rejected that idea
when I noticed that the plant has flowers. If it was all foliage, I would
suspect too much nitrogen.

MaryL