Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grocery savings today.

And no, I'm not going to scan my Safeway receipt. Total before loyalty
card? $100.63. And after? $42.73. Impressive, no?

I mostly bought soda. 8, 12 packs. 5, 16 oz which I got for free with
coupons. 5 energy drinks. Butter, margarine, raw sugar, some sort of snack
packs of crisp breads with salami and cheese and a couple of sandwiches that
were $1 off. I really only needed the butter, margarine and sugar. But...
I checked the ads as we were going to dinner and saw that they had the best
soda price at 4/$11 and they were on the way home. Husband has been eating
those little salami packs as fast as they come in the door and I know he
will eat the sandwich. Daughter has been drinking the energy drinks but
she's only allowed to have a couple of ounces at a time. Her friend drank a
whole one and it landed her in the hospital. My friend's son did the same
at about the same age and he too wound up in the hospital.