Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Powdered Peanut Butter?

On 7/28/2014 5:55 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:37:30 -0500, George Leppla
> > wrote:
>
>> Government peanut butter, cheese, macaroni, powdered milk, spam, rice.
>> When I was a kid, there were a couple of years that this stuff was
>> important in our house.

> We were lucky because we didn't need that, but an oldster shared some
> of the cheese with me and I thought it was very good. Probably
> something like Velveeta, but I thought it was tasty.

Welfare Cheese! It's a large oblong brick of yellow cheese. Probably
some kind of "American" cheese. It's very creamy and very salty. About
the only thing it's good for is mac and cheese.

When I was out of work one time, while raising the kids, the township
gave me a basket and there was a brick of that cheese in there.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas