Mike Pearce

Default How do you say cauliflower

"Denise~*" wrote in message

> I tend to say it with a long "a" like "ahh" and a flat "i", like "eh"

Where did you grow up? I'm originally from Boston and have heard people from
both Rhode Island as well as western Mass use pronunciations like that. How
would you pronounce "talk"?

> Or is it similar to replacing the "r" in library with an "e"
> (ie; "libery"). Ug, my friend does this & it drives me nuts,
> especially since she used to work at a Library.

When I was younger I had the classic Boston accent. I dropped just about
every R except those at the beginning of a word. For someone with a Boston
accent it can be very difficult to pronounce properly are words with Rs in
the middle. Words like library and harbor. For me it used to be libery and
hahhba. Those words still give me trouble. I pronounce car just fine
though, unless I'm tired or excited. <g>

-Mike