zxcvbob

Default Pressure canner - advice on buying a new one?

pickle wrote:
> "Bob Kay" > wrote in message
>
>>I've water bathed canned for years, but have been intimidated with
>>pressure canner. I am thinking about Presto 25 quart canner. Any
>>advice or reccomendations?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Emarie

> Hi !
>
> Stay away from any pressure canner with rubber gaskets. Check out a
> metal-to-metal seal. Such as The All American Canner - which comes in
> different sizes.
>
> pickle king
> Chiang Mai, Thailand

My two Mirro canners are over 25 years old and have the original gaskets
and they work just fine. Eventually they may fail and need to be
replaced, but if looks mean anything they have another 10 years to go at
least.

All Americans are nice, but they weigh twice as much as a Mirro or
Presto, take up more cabinet space, and they cost a lot more.

If you have a glass top stove, Presto is the only canner with a flat
bottom that might work.

Best regards,
Bob