Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Good procedures for better tea.

xeiman > wrote:
>Hi, I'd like to ask you which temperature do you use to infuse tea leaves.
>I use to boil water and then turn off the boiler, waiting some seconds and =
>put leaves in it, but temperature is very random (about 95 - 99 =B0C).

If you are making black tea, that would be about right. My inclination is
to boil the kettle, then pour the kettle into a pot over the leaves and in
the process the water will drop a few degrees but still stay very close to
boiling.

>I'd like to buy a proper thermostat and take more care about this stuff but=
> I've really no idea when infuse leaves.

If you're drinking oolong or green teas that would seem an excellent plan.
If you're drinking black teas it would seem extra work for little gain.
--scott