Sheilah Blanco

Default The Cheesecake Disaster!

HOLY SMOKES!!!!
Girl, Cheesecake is one of the easiest things to make in the world!!!! In
the state your cheese cake is described as, maybe I'd add about 3 T. of
unflavored gelatin disolved in about 1/2 c. water, then blend and put back
in the fridge.
HOWEVER!!! If it has eggs in it as the original recipe calls for, BAKING
will solidify it. My basic recipe is:

Sheilah's Foolproof Basic CHEESECAKE

I take one spring form pan lightly greased and floured.
Many use a graham cracker crumb recipe for the crust, I just use oreos
crunched up or sugar cookies, I use a rolling pin to crunch up or crumb the
cookies, then line the bottom of the greased & floured spring form pan.
PREHEAT OVEN @ 300 DEGREES. With wide dutch oven or roaster w/ 1" or more
of water.

THEN, I blend or whip
8 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
2 pkgs cream cheese @ room temp (can be melted in microwave for about 1
min.)
1 pkg gelatin (no dissolving just add to mixture)
2 T. grated lemon rind
1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
BLEND or whip all ingredients till ultra smooth, it foam peaks form, stir
down. TRICKLE ontop of cookies in springform pan easily as dumping mixture
may displace the crumbs throughout the cake. COVER SPRINGFORM PAN with oven
proof plate, foil or pie tin. Place Springform Pan into a wider pan with 1"
of water Bake @ 300 degrees for 90 min. Test with toothpick to assure
center is baked. (depending on alt. and varying oven temp) Top with thawed
frozen fruit, melted chocolate, sour cream w/sugar or all.