Dunromin Dunromin is offline
Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Has this happened to anyone? I ate this big raw red beet that I grew
for too long in my garden. It irritates my throat. I dunno if it's just
this beet or all of them. Maybe it's just this one. Is this irritation
due to enzymes in the beet? Has this happened to anyone else? It seems
similar to when I hurt my tongue from the enzymes in a pineapple,
although that was worse than the beet.
I juice beets straight from my garden. If I drink the juice straight, it makes my throat raw. If I dilute the juice with cucumber juice 1 part beet : 5 part cucumber, it's excellent. Refreshing, energizing, and no reaction to my throat.