bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by notbob View Post
w00t!!

Both my two fave chef knives are now sharper than a Wall Street
metrosexual on Friday night. Some guy in town, allegedly also a chef,
got tired of trying to find a knife sharpening biz for his knives, so
bought a commercial grade Swiss water-stone sharpening machine and he
does sharpening of most everything as a sideline. Only cost me $5 per
knife and they are now scary sharp. He's partial to Solingen knives,
which these both are, so he took extra care. No more dicing tomatoes
from the pulp side. Yay!

nb
Yall really need to get away from those crazy kraut knives. Invest in some good Forschner Victornox models and get the sharpening steel which goes with it. I have pretty close to a full set that are prob 15 years old and if they aint sharp..you just slap in on the steel a few licks and a person is back in business. No need to call the Tinker. Old butcher had a big Foschner scimitar steak knife he used dairly for 20 years and never saw a whetrock or grinding wheel. Thats the brand all the butchers use.