Vox Humana

Default Need a 3'X3'X3' cake

"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> On 18 Oct 2003 19:09:54 GMT
> (ConnieG999) wrote:
>
> > "Vox Humana" > writes:
> >
> > >I would get a 9x9x3 inch pan and cut the cake into nine pieces that
> > >are 3X3X3.

> > Didn't he specify 3' (feet) x 3' x 3'??
> > I'd suggest making a whole bunch of 9/13 pans and putting them
> > together in a square on a big piece of covered cardboard, except that
> > certainly wouldn't make the 3' height. Maybe just keep stacking, like
> > a brick wall?? (G)

> I think there are still architectural issues. Not that they couldn't be
> overcome, but i think it would reduce the effect of having a cubic yard
> of cake if you had sheets of reinforcing material through it.

Making the cake three fee high would be an issue. You would have to
reinforce it, just like when you stack cakes for a wedding cake. I would
definitely use a dense cake like a pound cake. I would be careful about
what I spread between the layers to minimize slipping. For reinforcements I
would get PVC pipe from the hardware store, probably one inch pipe, and
drive it through the layers. The cake would have to be built in place
because moving it would be risky and it would be very heavy. I think I
would consider making a dummy cake out of Styrofoam with maybe the top being
made from real cake. I would cut the top piece and promptly have it whisked
away to the kitchen where someone could have a sheetcake cut into servings
and waiting to be distributed.