BRevere

Default Proofing bread at home.

Some folks use a picnic cooler with a small light inside--40W.
Others have used a heating pad--use a rack to elevate the bottom of
the bowl above the pad--or use a light bulb again--then invert a box
or wrap/cover in towels and blankets.
I used to use my microwave--filled with quart jars of very hot water.

Lately I just let it go natural in my cool house, ~64 degrees.
It takes longer, but the bread tastes better!

Many if the current bread gurus are touting the longer, cooler rise
for making superior bread: more complex flavor elements need
longer rises and cooler temperatures to developed. Some even "retard"
bread development in the refrigerator overnight. See books by Peter
Reinhart,
Nancy Silverton, Carol Field, and several others. I have tried it and it
really is the way to go. One can have a bread recipe going all the time if
there is room in the 'fridge! Just fold it down once per day. I made a
really good batch of pizza dough over a full week recently. When we finally
stretched it out and used it, I could not believe the great elasticity of
the dough---and the taste was the best!

Let us know what method you use and what the results are.

Barb

. net...