bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I just posted a similar query on alt.food.cooking about cooking and all like
"Joy of Cooking", a long way from barbecue. Many plunged in and shared what
they use, mostly "Joy of Cooking"
What is the best, most used book about all aspects of barbecue, grilling,
smoke cooking, smoking, barbecue sauce and all else?
I haven't found a good book that raises me from my naivety and ignorance
about certain aspects of this, as some believe.
I don't like Raichlen, nor Jsmes Beard. Believe it or not Beard wrote a
fairly extensive book about barbecue. I doubt that he entered the patio,
other than to stare. The small paperback from the California Culinary
Academy in San Francisco is a good practival guide. BBQguy likes Dr. BBQ's
Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook: A Real Barbecue Champion Brings the Tasty
Recipes and Juicy Stories of the Barbecue Circuit to Your Backyard
(Paperback) by Ray Lampe and other books by the same author.
What do all of you like? I need help, as some of you have said.
With humility and thanks,
Kent
Smoke and Spice is a great book for recipes and fun reading. Just dont pay any attention to their recommended times and temps.