Posted to rec.food.preserving
Joy Beeson Joy Beeson is offline

Default Blueberries

On Thu, 29 May 2014 07:42:33 -0500, bluechick >
wrote:

> I'd probably fall into one as well.

I did a handstand in our chest freezer the last time we cleaned it --
on purpose, to reach the bottom of the far wall.

No way I could get inside without first taking out the partitions, and
then it would be easy to open the lid -- it's held closed by its own
very light weight and a rather feeble magnet.

I find it easier to find things under things than things behind things
-- particularly since I can set the bag of breakfast sandwiches in the
next bin over, so there's no risk of forgetting to put them back --
the lid won't close until I do. The upright freezer that we run in
fridge mode is convenient only because it's hardly ever even half
full.

On the other hand, DH finds the chest-freezer lid a convenient place
to sort things, so I often have to dispose of a newspaper before I can
get a piece of bread, or I have to put away the cupboard and
refrigerator stuff before I can put the frozen groceries away.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net