Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default OT The one-legged cook is now a one-handed cook

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 12:34:11 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 12:14:45 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>>Bummer. I thought shingles usually manifested itself on the abdomen.
>>>That is where it appeared on everyone I know who had it. They all
>>>reported it that it is very expensive.
>>>I have been told that the shot to prevent it is quite expensive, but
>>>nowhere near 100% effective.

>> I asked my doctor about the shingles shot for myself and DH, and she
>> told me it wasn't effective at all, and in fact could CAUSE shingles!
>>
>> What you have to do is immediately go to the ER if you have shingles
>> symptom - pain that is on one side of the body only. It can manifest
>> on the abdomen, arm, or face.
>>
>> Doris

>I don't believe what your doctor said about the shot at all, personally...I
>would get it.

I got the ingles vaccine, only suprise was I found out doctors don't
give it, the shingles vaccine is given by your local pharmacy... your
doc gives you a Rx and you make an appointment with your pharmacy.