Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default OT The one-legged cook is now a one-handed cook

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/1/2014 12:07 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Just as I was enjoying the freedom of being able to get around and
>> drive, I came down with shingles. It's on my left arm and hand.
>>
>> I did have the vaccine, but the doctor thinks that the cancer messed up
>> my immune system.
>>
>> We are still raising the kittens, bless their little, noisy hearts.

> Wow, you've really had some bad luck! I never really heard about shingles
> until recently.
>
> Take care of yourself and those wee kitties. Hopefully we'll get to see
> some pics of the little cuties soon.
>
> Jill

If you've ever had chicken pox, you should have it, but I will say when I
was getting mine a younger man was asking about it, and the pharmacist told
him they couldn't give it to anyone under 60 at this time. Dunno why, unless
they were short of the vaccine. It cost 160.00 which insurance or medicare
didn't pay, though I believe some do.

Cheri