Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doris Night Doris Night is offline

Default OT The one-legged cook is now a one-handed cook

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 12:14:45 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2014-06-01 12:07 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Just as I was enjoying the freedom of being able to get around and
>> drive, I came down with shingles. It's on my left arm and hand.
>>
>> I did have the vaccine, but the doctor thinks that the cancer messed up
>> my immune system.
>>
>> We are still raising the kittens, bless their little, noisy hearts.

>Bummer. I thought shingles usually manifested itself on the abdomen.
>That is where it appeared on everyone I know who had it. They all
>reported it that it is very expensive.
>I have been told that the shot to prevent it is quite expensive, but
>nowhere near 100% effective.

I asked my doctor about the shingles shot for myself and DH, and she
told me it wasn't effective at all, and in fact could CAUSE shingles!

What you have to do is immediately go to the ER if you have shingles
symptom - pain that is on one side of the body only. It can manifest
on the abdomen, arm, or face.

Doris