Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default dried strawberries

George Shirley wrote:
> I picked four cucumbers and two tomatoes earlier this morning, now 0751
> CST. Lima beans and cukes are at the top of the four feet tall
> trellises, hoping they start blooming soon. Lots of baby yellow squash
> and there are four Acorn squash on the volunteers along the fence. Looks
> like this may be a good year for us, depending on rainfall. The new
> soaker hoses are working well so we're happy.

we have been growing the fordhook lima
beans which are bush type. i try to find
extra spots behind other things to wedge
them in as they are the last to finish.

i have to remember to get the squash seeds
planted. they are on my list in my head, but
where they go is far enough in the back that
out-of-sight-out-of-mind may happen for a bit.
we'll need to cage them as there are woodchucks
and wabbits about.

got the potted plants in (red and green
peppers, onions and tomatoes) and that was
enough. the rest of the planting i have to
do will go much faster and easier as i don't
have to get up and down to plant things -
just scratch a line with the hoe, drop seeds,
cover and water... oh, well, maybe not as
i have another nine buckets of worms/worm
castings to put down as fertilizer, still will
go faster to plant than to have to put in
potted starts.

we used soaker hoses for the tomatoes last
year and while they worked i still wasn't
all that happy with the flavor of the tomatoes.
i'm going to do things a little different this
year and see how things go.

songbird