Posted to alt.food.wine
Jcoulter Jcoulter is offline

Default Chinon

On 5/19/2014 11:28 AM, Gordon MacPherson wrote:
> Hi,
> We are off by car to Chinon for a week in July and I would welcome
> suggestions for reliable, not too expensive producers (around the £5-10
> ($7-15) mark) in Chinon and the surrounding areas. Mainly interested in
> reds but suggestions for good value dessert wines also welcome.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Gordon

In addition to what Mark suggested, There is a cooperative tasting room
below the chateau in Amboise that was surprisingly good. Also I like the
wines of Montlouis (Chenin Blanc) Many good again on the road to
Chenonceau (though the Chateau at Chenonceau is not recommended for
wine, tourism yes, wine no)