Old 19-05-2014, 10:31 PM posted to alt.food.wine
Jcoulter Jcoulter is offline

Default Chinon

On 5/19/2014 11:28 AM, Gordon MacPherson wrote:
Hi,
We are off by car to Chinon for a week in July and I would welcome
suggestions for reliable, not too expensive producers (around the 5-10
($7-15) mark) in Chinon and the surrounding areas. Mainly interested in
reds but suggestions for good value dessert wines also welcome.

Many thanks,

Gordon

In addition to what Mark suggested, There is a cooperative tasting room
below the chateau in Amboise that was surprisingly good. Also I like the
wines of Montlouis (Chenin Blanc) Many good again on the road to
Chenonceau (though the Chateau at Chenonceau is not recommended for
wine, tourism yes, wine no)