Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default infused vodka?

On 2014-05-17 12:50 PM, sf wrote:

> I've been looking at recipes this morning and am wondering if the
> fresh pineapple used to make pineapple vodka can be used for something
> else (like pineapple upside down cake) or if it's rendered flavorless
> and should just be thrown out?

I guess that depends on how long you soak them. I make raspberry hootch
with the old quart, quart and pond recipe... quart of raspberries,
quart of alcohol, pound of sugar. The fruit sits in the booze for months
and sucks the colour and flavour out of the berries and by the time it
is completely done the berries are pale and taste more like alcohol than
raspberries.