Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default infused vodka?

On Sat, 17 May 2014 16:20:32 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

>On 5/17/2014 11:50 AM, sf wrote:
>>
>> I've been looking at recipes this morning and am wondering if the
>> fresh pineapple used to make pineapple vodka can be used for something
>> else (like pineapple upside down cake) or if it's rendered flavorless
>> and should just be thrown out?
>>
>> TIA
>>

>I could never understand why someone would want to ruin perfectly good
>vodka by flavoring it with fruit and such.
>
>...and, yes, I am aware that vodka is neutral spirits with flavorings,
>but not pineapples or coconuts or strawberries, etc.
>
>It must be the Russian in me :-)

Perfectly good vodka, NYET?
Crystal Palace is just as perfectly good as the priciest vodka but it
costs only $15 for 1.75 liters because they don't advertise and it's
marketed "plain vanilla" so I drink it with cherry Coke/Pepsi with
ice. When the big name distillers market flavored vodkas at inflated
prices it's what they do with batches that turned out skanky. That's
what a lot of beverage producers do, when OJ producers market
pineapple, tangerine, strawbery flavored etc. it's because some
batches of pure OJ turned out skanky. That's whats done with skanky
coffee, it's flavored, and they price it higher because it's
"special"... nothing special about flavored coffees other than
otherwise it's skanky. When your butcher sells you marinated meat,
guess what, SKANKY!