kobalt

Default where to put the water pan in a weber kettle grill?

I must object to you waterpan critics. What do you think happens to that
steam? Do you think it bypasses the food? If that's so, what happens in a
steamer?

Look at the situation: in a steamer the food is basted by the steam while
the food cooks in the heat. The same occurs in a WSM, or ECB, or whatever
makes heat and steam. The food isn't magically shielded from the steam just
because it's an outdoor cooker.

I'm perfectly aware the water has an impact on temperature in the cooker.
I'm also aware it shields the food from direct heat from the charcoal. But
that can't be all that it does.