Old 10-05-2014, 04:44 AM posted to rec.food.baking
[email protected] rspulliam1@embarqmail.com is offline

Default How is Duncan Hines cake mix supposed to taste?

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:04:30 PM UTC-4, bigwheel wrote:

Yep corn oil should be just fine. I'm thinking maybe you might not
should have used the mixer on it. I went and got a Duncan Hines cake mix
out of the cabinet. It says to "stir" it. I would try stirring next time
and leave off with the mixer. Bet that might help. I know with cookies
it really messes with the texture to use a mixer on it once the wet and
dry comes together.

Okay, I'll try again. What's considered the optimum stirring tool? Wood spoon?