Posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking
Bart Goddard Bart Goddard is offline

Default Betadine discontinued: UK replacement for sanitizing brewing equipment?

Tim Watts > wrote in news:318v3b-bo3.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

> On 09/05/14 15:31, Fredxxx wrote:
>> On 09/05/2014 14:51, Adam Funk wrote:
>>> On 2014-05-09, Jethro_uk wrote:
>>>

>> I think mine might just take 45 x 500ml bottles, certainly in 2

batches!

> Oven bake at a bit over 100C? Slow heat and slow cool to avoid cracking
> the glass.
>
> OK it's not fast, but it's low hassle.

I have heard that repeated baking will stress the glass.
It's low hassle until all your bottles explode under low
pressure.

Back to the original question: StarSan is a good,
no rinse sanitizer. I don't know how hard it is
to get in the UK.