Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Denver Restaurant Recommendations

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 May 2014 16:05:06 -0400, Goomba >
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/5/14 2:14 PM, sf wrote:
>>
>> > I asked a friend who moved to Denver 3 or 4 years ago. She says:
>> >
>> > I'm technically still not a local but if they are staying in downtown
>> > Denver, the "LODO" area has a bunch of great restaurants. Rioja,
>> > ChoLon BIstro, Tag. Pearl St is also a great area.... Izakaya Den.
>> > FOR a crazy but delicious food experience... The Buckhorn Exchange,
>> > oldest restaurant in Denver/first liquor license issued in Denver.
>> > Kind of in an obscure area.
>> >

>> Thank you (and your friend) for this.

> You're very welcome. I'll pass your thanks on to her.
>
>> I was surprised by how little is written about Denver on Chowhound, by
>> usual favorite site when visiting new places.
>>

> I saw! The page I read said the Denver part of Chowhound was almost
> dead. It can't be *that* bad in Denver! Maybe they're too busy
> working, skiing and eating out to write about it in Chowhound.

I have eaten in Denver but most of the places I ate at are probably no
longer there as it was over 30 years ago. Casa Bonita is still there but
from what I read online, it is no longer good. It was a nice Mexican place
when we were there. Beautiful interior with nearly nude male cliff divers
for entertainment. But from what I read, not only did they let the place go
but they cheapened the food that they served to the the point of being
inedible.