Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Now, for London broil

On Thu, 01 May 2014 12:36:24 -0700, sf > wrote:

> On 1 May 2014 16:50:21 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> > Wow! Guess where I found a "grass fed" London broil. Safeway! And
> > damned if the price wasn't very reasonable. Either it's a flat out
> > deception (I wouldn't be surprised) or the organic trend is starting
> > to catch hold. Regardless, I've got a 1 lb London broil. Never did
> > an Lb. What should I do with it? Much like flank steak, most recipes
> > online involve marinating. ???? I'm a lost-cause carnivore. Help me
> > maintain my animal-juiced jones.
> >

> I called around yesterday to find out what grass fed NY steak is going
> for... it's +/- $23 lb. Ouch.

I went to Safeway today and they had grass fed rib-eye for $11.99 lb.
Their blurb online neatly sidesteps feed lots and corn/grain, so I
asked. The butcher was adamant that their beef was grass fed only....
because "they don't do that in Australia". Glad to hear it because
I've read that Argentina (of all places) has subscribed to the
practice of finishing beef off in a feed lot. <sob> Hopefully they
don't shoot their cattle full of hormones too, but I wouldn't be
surprised if they did.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.