Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] silverbeetle@charter.net is offline

Default Now, for London broil

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:50:21 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> Wow! Guess where I found a "grass fed" London broil. Safeway! And
> damned if the price wasn't very reasonable. Either it's a flat out
> deception (I wouldn't be surprised) or the organic trend is starting
> to catch hold. Regardless, I've got a 1 lb London broil. Never did
> an Lb. What should I do with it? Much like flank steak, most recipes
> online involve marinating. ???? I'm a lost-cause carnivore. Help me
> maintain my animal-juiced jones.

Could actually be flank steak. Or it could be top round. Or even a chuck
steak. They're all good. "London Broil" refers to the prep, as you probably
know.

Marinate it in your favorite marinade. Grill it, hot and quick (very hot
and very quick for only a one-pound chunk!). Keep it rare. Slice thinly.

I like this treatment, because garlic and rosemary, well ... drool:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...de-recipe.html

--
Silvar Beitel