Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default cooking bacon in water

Phyllis Stone wrote:
> In one of the cooking magazines there are instructions for cooking
> bacon in water. It says to put in skillet with enough water to cover.
> When the water boils lower heat to medium. Once water is gone turn
> heat to medium low and cook until crisp. Has anyone ever heard of
> this and tried it?

This is not new - my wife, whose mother was Welsh, grew up on boiled
bacon and hates it (and still talksa about it)to this day.

There is nothing good about this, save the fact that the "recipe" you
cite has you cook it until the water is gone and then you get to fry it
as the good Lord intended. If you see someone doing this, scream and
run away.

-S-