Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_3_] Jeßus[_3_] is offline

Default Bottled water- LOL

On 25 Apr 2014 01:10:37 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2014-04-24, Jeßus > wrote:
>
>> Nestle certainly are. After all, their benevolent CEO/chairman
>> believes water isn't a right and should be privatised.

>Yes, seen several documentaries on this issue. Nestle acquired rights
>to pump/ship water from our area, about 6 miles north of where I live,
>in the Arkansas River headwaters valley. OTOH, I'm grateful Nestle
>sees our water, the Ark R, as clean enough to bottle, which it is.
>Elsewhere in CO, fracking is destroying entire counties and watersheds
>with its polluting technology. There is, CURRENTLY, no fracking in
>this watershed/valley!! If anything, Nestle is our canary in the coal
>mine. Never thought I'd say this, as I'm a rabid pro ecology nut, but
>it's freakishly true and, for now, I'm glad to see Nestle pumping
>away. 8|

That may be okay for now, but if they have their way and get water
privatised you'll most likely have a change of heart. It's been said
now for quite a few years that water is the new oil, and the powerful
have been gradually setting themselves up to be in control of the
resource. I would imagine they'd also love the side-effects of
fracking as well. The Bush family saw the light long ago and have
invested heavily in water, for example. Just watch it become more
difficult/illegal to collect your own rain or well water in coming
years...