HiTech RedNeck

Default Replacement beaters for Farberware mixer?

"Mikko Peltoniemi" > wrote in message
> Sam D. wrote:
>
> > You might try Ebay. I'm always amazed at the obscure stuff that people
> > are selling there.

> Ok, thanks. Couldn't find replacements directly from any of the websites
> mentioned here (which Google suggested too), nor eBay. I guess I'll
> email some stores and the manufacturer and ask about them. Plus eBay
> might have them later on...

I sometimes still use a 20 year old household grade stand-type Sunbeam
Mixmaster. It works OK, though I have gone through several changes of
beaters as various scrapers have gotten caught in them or else the beaters
have gone rustier than a 1970 Chevy Vega in a junkyard. It doesn't help
that there is a little plastic button on the end of the rounded beater, that
catches all kinds of junk, holds moisture which foments rust, and is
difficult to clean out without using the dishwasher which of course also
encourages rust. The button is supposed to help turn the bowl, but beaters
where the button has popped off seem to turn the bowl just fine as well. I
have often wondered why doesn't Sunbeam, or some aftermarket firm (the
patent for this beater should be well expired by now), put out a stainless
steel, no-button beater to fit the Mixmaster. Sunbeam has a deluxe
Mixmaster (made in China) that uses a stainless beater, but the beater is a
different shape.