Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche?

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 19:20:59 GMT, "SPOONS"
> wrote:

>can sour cream be a substitute for cream fraiche? If so, is low fat sour
>cream ok? or can I mix it with some 35% cream?

I think that is a decision only you can make. It is not the same at
all, but it may be all right, depending on what you will use it for.

I would more likely substitute a really good yogurt if I had to, but
that wouldn't be the same either.

For that matter everybody's creme fraiche is different, too.

Rodney Myrvaagnes Opionated old geezer

Faith-based economics: It's deja voodoo all over again