Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Flour vs. cornstarch?

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 16:33:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

> Well, in the eggless chocolate pudding recipe that I always use (with cornstarch), it says that once the pudding has thickened, you're supposed to cook it for another 15 minutes to get rid of any chalky taste.

Cook cornstarch too long and it will break down and 15 minutes seems
too long to me. Here's a chocolate pudding recipe by a cornstarch
company and it says to cook for one minute, which makes more sense to
me.
http://www.argostarch.com/recipe_details.asp?id=386

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila