axlq

Default Favorite seafood other than fish?

In article >,
Kate Connally > wrote:
>Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my favorite "fish".
>Sorry.
>
>All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish about crawdads -
>if I could just get the meat, not in the shell . . . .

Think of them as small freshwater lobsters. They're actually easier
to peel than lobsters. And yes, you can get them shelled.

Actually rock shrimp are more like small lobsters, in taste,
texture, and color. I've even seen restaurants advertising a
lobster dish, where they used rock shrimp. The lobster tacos sold
at Una Mas have no lobster in them, it's all rock shrimp.

I miss living on the Maine coast... lobster is so inexpensive there
(sigh). Even McDonald's sells lobster sandwiches in the summertime,
and they're actually good.

>No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million years.

If you haven't yet tried conch fritters or baby abalone, you might
change your mind.

>And you can have my lifetime's share of sea urchins, and all the
>other coelenterates, too.

You gotta try Sea Cucumber, just once. Once is all *I* needed,
although I've eaten it since (not by choice, but because someone
served it to me). Sort of reminded me of putting a big rind of pork
fat into my mouth, only without the greasy feeling. Ick.

-A