jmcquown

Default Favorite seafood other than fish?

Kate Connally wrote:
> Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
> favorite "fish". Sorry.

Crab, absolutely! All kinds, blue, king, snow, dungenness

> All crustaceans, although I'm a little squeamish
> about crawdads - if I could just get the meat, not
> in the shell . . . .

I can by crawfish tail meat all buy itself; no shells here

Here's a great recipe; I replicated it from the Bayou Bar & Grill in midtown
Memphis and got confirmation from the chef via email I was right on. No
measures here, you just sort of throw it together.

Catfish Acadian

2 catfish fillets (about 1 lb total)
seasoned bread crumbs
butter
olive oil
diced celery
diced onion
diced garlic
crawfish tail meat
cream
salt
cayenne pepper

Lightly coat the catfish fillets with breadcrumbs and then pan-fry in
oil/butter until just browned. Plate and hold in a hot oven. Saute the
onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the crawfish tail
meat and cook until pink (if already cooked, heat through). Stir in the
cream and season with salt & cayenne pepper. Pour this sauce over the
plated fish and serve.

> No molluscs, no way, no how, never in a million
> years.

I eat clams in chowder or deep fried. You can forget about oysters. No
way, no how

Jill