Denise~*

Default How do you say cauliflower

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:08:23 -0500, "Mike Pearce"
> wrote:

>"Denise~*" wrote in message
.. .

>> I tend to say it with a long "a" like "ahh" and a flat "i", like "eh"
>>

>Where did you grow up? I'm originally from Boston and have heard people from

Northwest. Born & raised

>both Rhode Island as well as western Mass use pronunciations like that. How
>would you pronounce "talk"?

Silent L & Flat A = Tahhk (but said quickly, no drawl)

>> Or is it similar to replacing the "r" in library with an "e"
>> (ie; "libery"). Ug, my friend does this & it drives me nuts,
>> especially since she used to work at a Library.

>When I was younger I had the classic Boston accent. I dropped just about
>every R except those at the beginning of a word. For someone with a Boston
>accent it can be very difficult to pronounce properly are words with Rs in
>the middle. Words like library and harbor. For me it used to be libery and
>hahhba. Those words still give me trouble. I pronounce car just fine
>though, unless I'm tired or excited. <g>
>
>-Mike

Hehe, but my friend lived 10 minutes from me by bicycle & also grew up
in the same area as me. I tease her about it & then we giggle.

I think it's different in your case with a strong accent.

The english (England) notoriously add an R to words that end in A.

I guess I'm just not used to hearing it over here.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"