Old 04-08-2004, 10:36 PM
zxcvbob

Default How do you say cauliflower

Denise~* wrote:

I tend to say it with a long "a" like "ahh" and a flat "i", like "eh"

But when I hear it said with the "u" pronounced as a 'w' and a short
"i", like "ee"

cawleeflower

To me, this sounds very weird & makes me cringe.

Rachael Ray does this, & I just heard the lady on "Low Carb & Lovin
it" say the same thing, but then a minute later said it again, but
more like the way I do.

Is this a regional thing?

Or is it similar to replacing the "r" in library with an "e"
(ie; "libery"). Ug, my friend does this & it drives me nuts,
especially since she used to work at a Library.

When my daughter was about 3 years old and it was one of her favorite
foods, we called it "Carly-flower". (she had a friend named Carly).

You do what you gotta do to get kids to like vegetables.

Hope this helps, :-)
Bob