Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default have you made a homemade bouillon you've liked? Recipe plz....

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 21:09:40 -0700, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 19:16:03 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:40:49 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> > wrote:
> >
> >> not too salty, please.

> >This is a really good idea, Kalmia... but I've never made bouillon in
> >my life. Looked at the internet and saw stuff I liked.
> >
> >I'd start with this simple one
> >http://www.myrealfoodlife.com/home-m...ouillon-cubes/
> >
> >but if you want something more complex, try
> >http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives...on-recipe.html
> >and cut the salt by half or eliminate it entirely and add it per use.
> >
> >Bottom line: I think you will be able to make bouillon if you can make
> >stock... because homemade bullion just seems to be a concentrated
> >version of stock. I suppose you can make it more like the real thing
> >if you have a dehydrator.

> Ahhh, I discounted the 'cubes' as being what we can get in the store.
> What you have shown is just what we get when we cook down our stock or
> broth and store it away in little cups in the freezer. I didn't
> realize it had been named.

Heh,,, me either! The internet is a wonderful place, isn't it? I
think the "real" bullion requires a dehydrator, but that's me going
off on a bullion tangent.

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.