Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default have you made a homemade bouillon you've liked? Recipe plz....

On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:40:49 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

>not too salty, please.

Since you are asking for a recipe, you are clearly not asking about
bouillon cubes (salty, compressed, flavored squares you dissolve in
water. Bouillon is simply broth. I don't have a recipe for this as
it is something that I just do. For instance, take a chicken, put it
in cold water to cover the bird with some celery, onion and carrots.
The veggies are to flavor the broth and will be strained out later.
Add some salt, pepper, perhaps a bay leaf and a bit of thyme. Bring
to a boil, turn down the heat to a simmer, and simmer for several
hours. Skim any foam that rises to the top. You can do this with any
meat. You may brown the meat or bones first. You can use bones with
a little meat on them. The process is the same.
Janet US