Posted to rec.food.cooking
Helpful person Helpful person is offline

Default Chefs plead guilty to serving whale meat at Santa Monica restaurant

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:14:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> That is a ood argument for jurors not being informed about things like
> that in advance. A person is supposed to be judged on the evidence, not
> on the severity of the punishment he faces.

True, except the judiciary in the USA is riddled with
politics. Under such circumstances, as a juror, I
would probably also consider the severity of the
sentence for the particular crime (if I had that
information).

http://www.richardfisher.com