Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Chefs plead guilty to serving whale meat at Santa Monica restaurant

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >Uh, misdemeanors can't land you in prison. Another example of some
> >fine reporting they have here.

They can at least in Virginia. 3 misdemeanors equals a felony. I was
a juror once and the case was some guy shoplifting a $5 steak from a
grocery store. Misdemeanor. But because that would have been his 3rd
misdemeanor shoplifting charge in so many years, the judge informed us
that if we voted guilty, he faced up to 8 years in state prison.

I planned to vote not guilty only because the sentence seems way to
harsh to me. Luckily the case was dismissed before we had to vote.

G.