Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Super Bowl Menus?

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 1/28/2014 6:35 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Although we did like it, I'm not a dessert person at all.

> Why is it, Julie, when you express an opinion about a food item it's
> always "we" liked it or "we" didn't like it. You've posted many times
> about the different likes & dislikes of your daughter, husband and you,
> but when it comes to judging stuff you always write "we."

I don't always do that. I tend to write about stuff that I like and don't
like but many times I have written things (perhaps not here) about things
that Angela or my husband does or doesn't like. They both like yogurt. I
hate the stuff.

> Would you make something a second time if only you liked it? Only your
> daughter liked it? Or only your husband liked it?

I frequently make things like that. I made chili this week. Angela hates
chili. And no, Angela is not required to eat things she hates. She had
vegetarian beans when we had the chili. Tonight I am making roasted
potatoes (which hopefully we all like) and for my husband some kind of
German sausages and sauerkraut. Angela and I wouldn't touch the stuff. I
make that garlic pasta for the two of them and *I* won't touch it.

If it is something that only I like and it makes a large amount, I am not
likely to make it. And the same would apply to them unless it was something
that they *really* liked and would be willing to eat it again and again.
Like my husband with pizza. Angela hates pizza and I can't eat pizza with
cheese. So he's the only one who ever eats it.

I put "we" in this case because my entire family, including extended family
tried the chayote and liked it. It is very rare in a family of picky eaters
for something like that to happen. But... While we did like it, it's just
not the sort of thing that we normally eat. I didn't serve it as a dessert
as we don't eat dessert. I served it with the Thanksgiving meal and we ate
it with but seeing as how it was like apples, it seemed weird to be eating
with as we never eat fruit with our meals either. I also found them to be a
PITA to prepare because they exude a sticky, hand irritating substance.

So... If I had a horking ton of the things growing in my yard and they were
free to me, I might find ways to work them into our diet, just because they
are free. Like the pears that we have now. But they're not so there is no
reason I could see to do that.