Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Super Bowl Menus?

On 01/28/2014 06:54 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> Apple Crumble Use ground (not too fine) almonds in place of normal
> crumble ingredient. Nice warm with dollop cream.

Hi Ozgirl,

That sounds really good. My wife is scary allergic to almonds,
but she is fine with pecans.

Wikipedia has a nice write up on Chayotes. The wikipedia article
has a remark on the rumor that McDonald's used Chayotes in their
hot apple pie. Not a true rumor, but of interest to us as
someone thought they get away with it.

Chayotes is a great tip -- thank you Cheri! I will be going
to the Mexican Supermarket today to pick up my weekly fix
of Opuntia. I will see if they have any of these too.
(Sweet people at that store.)

-T

Chayote, fruit, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2402/2
8 grams carbs per cup.

in comparison to:

Apples, raw, with skin:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1809/2
17 grams per quartered or chopped (even higher in sauce)