Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Super Bowl Menus?

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:18:53 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:07:34 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>Anyone have some ideas for low carb snacks? We won't be doing a meal, just
>>>snacks. Deviled eggs are on the menu, but wondering if someone has
>>>something
>>>a bit different to add.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> Not really different, but you can't go wrong with crudite's and
>> hummus.

>Thanks for the suggestion. It made me look for a lower carb hummus and I
>found this which I think I will try.
>
>4 cups peeled & chopped raw zucchini
>
>3/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
>
>1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
>
>1/4 cup olive oil
>
>4 cloves of garlic, peeled
>
>2 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
>
>1 TBS ground cumin
>

>Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until thick and smooth.
>Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference. Pour into a shallow bowl
>and garnish with parsley, paprika and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
>Enjoy! Approximately 2.5 g net carbs per 2 Tablespoon serving

Thanks. That does sound good and is definitely lower carb than the
standard hummus recipe. I really do love the flavor of cumin too. We
won't be watching the game here (not football fans here) but I like
having snacks available so will probably make this anyway. :-)
Karen