Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Super Bowl Menus?

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:07:34 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
> > wrote:
>

>>Anyone have some ideas for low carb snacks? We won't be doing a meal, just
>>snacks. Deviled eggs are on the menu, but wondering if someone has
>>something
>>a bit different to add.
>>
>>Cheri

> Not really different, but you can't go wrong with crudite's and
> hummus.

Thanks for the suggestion. It made me look for a lower carb hummus and I
found this which I think I will try.

4 cups peeled & chopped raw zucchini

3/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)

1/2 cup fresh lemon juice

1/4 cup olive oil

4 cloves of garlic, peeled

2 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)

1 TBS ground cumin

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until thick and smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference. Pour into a shallow bowl
and garnish with parsley, paprika and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
Enjoy! Approximately 2.5 g net carbs per 2 Tablespoon serving